One of the primary myths surrounding back pain is that exercise, especially weight training, should be avoided because of back pain.
Your back needs movement to be healthy like any of the other joints in the body. Exercise helps maintain your range of motion and prevents your muscles from weakening, in turn allowing you to heal more quickly. Underworking your back can be equally as detrimental as overworking your back.
The deep muscles that stabilize the spine are small and often inhibited by the body’s response to pain. This guarding response can lead to weakness during reduced activity levels associated with prolonged periods of pain. In turn, allowing these deep stabilizers to be overridden by the larger muscles of the hips and back. This can result in abnormal muscle firing and pain as you begin to resume daily activities.
The MedX Lumbar Extension machine is specifically designed to target and strengthen the muscles of the lower back. It has a unique design that allows for precise and uniform resistance and is the only machine that truly isolate the spine musculature.
Here are some of the most important features:
- Range of Motion: The MedX Lumbar Extension machine has a unique range of motion that is specifically designed to isolate and target the muscles of the lumbar spine throughout its functional range of muscular movement.
- Resistance: The resistance provided by the MedX Lumbar Extension machine is calibrated to match the user’s ability, which allows for gradual increases in resistance as the user’s strength improves. Other machines may have a fixed resistance or limited adjustments, which may not be suitable for all users.
- Form: The MedX Lumbar Extension machine is designed to ensure proper form during the exercise, which minimizes the risk of injury and maximizes the effectiveness of the exercise. The movement your low back goes through on the MedX Lumbar Machine, increases your range of motion, and promotes an increase in synovial fluid to help lubricate your discs and lumbar muscles. This fluid helps to reduce friction between the vertebrae and surrounding muscles and tissues, allowing for smooth and efficient movement. Additionally, synovial fluid helps to provide nutrients to the joint and surrounding tissues and remove waste products, promoting overall low back health.
- The patented restraint system: The lower body restraint systems provides an effective way to isolate the deep spinal muscles by preventing movement in the pelvis and firing of the hip and leg muscles. By isolating them in this manner, the spinal muscles quickly regain lost strength, helping to provide relief from low back pain.
- Research-based design: The MedX Lumbar Extension machine was developed based on extensive research into the biomechanics of the lumbar spine and lower back muscles. This research led to the creation of a machine that provides an effective and safe exercise for strengthening the muscles of the lower back.
Overall, the MedX Lumbar Extension machine is designed to provide a targeted and effective exercise for strengthening the muscles of the lumbar spine, while minimizing the risk of injury and maximizing the effectiveness of the exercise. In addition, regular use of the MedX Lumbar Extension machine can help improve posture, which can further reduce the risk of developing lower back pain.
A strong, healthy spine provides a foundation to help prevent injury. It allows individuals to perform their normal daily activities and all the things they love pain-free.